banner

banner

Monday, July 30, 2012

Impossible is Nothing


In all honesty, my job is hard. 
Sometimes it seems impossible.
Sometimes kids’ lives appear too dark, sometimes I do not feel strong enough, sometimes I do not feel capable, sometimes I feel like Jonah.  
Jonah who wanted to be called to something else, somewhere else, but who eventually obeyed God & saw an entire city change.  
It wasn’t long ago at the bible study I have been attending through my church that a woman said “Sometimes God intentionally calls us to the impossible, to strengthen our faith in Him”.  
I do not believe that even though my situation can often feel impossible, it truly is.   I do believe that this is what Christ has asked of me.
I believe that these kids deserve the chance to experience what Christ’s love, real love, looks like. My  friends are worth it.  
While my life might never look as glamorous or be appear to be as fun as I once dreamed of it being, I know that for now, my place is here, with them. And even though sometimes it might seem like the most impossible task in the world, this is what I have been called to do.


If we allow ourselves to live recklessly for him, then we too will see his glory.  We will see him do the impossible! -Francis Chan

Care for God's flock with all the diligence of a shepard.  Not because you have to, but because you want to please God.  not calculating waht you can get out of it, but acting spontaneously.  Not bossily telling others what to do, but tenderly showing them the way. 1 Peter 5:2-3

When we obey God, he can accomplish the impossible. We will get supernatural results! -Priscilla Shrier

IMPOSSIBLE is NOTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment