banner

banner

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bond Save the Queen!

The Olympics have started!!!!!
I am only slightly excited.
I think there is something just magical about them.
For two weeks, the world feels at peace.
We are all celebrating together! A worldwide party!

Not to mention these people are THE WORLDS GREATEST ATHLETES.
I was brought up in a home where sports mean absolutely everything, so I can begin to grasp the kind of dedication that these athletes possess.
I think they have all earned this time in the spotlight & I am more than happy to celebrate their talent!
I am usually moved to tears multiple times while watching the competitions & my heart is always swelling with American pride.

My friend Holly & I got to see some of the Olympic swimmers while they were training at UT in Knoxville.
It was fantastic! Kind of like being at the real thing, but not quite.
I hope that I really do get to go one day!
If Holly had put up her pictures from that morning I would share them with you, but no can do.

My friends & I are always looking for a good excuse to cook yummy food & throw a good party, so of course we had people over last night for the Opening Ceremonies!
Katie cooked up a delicious casserole of sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, & croissants & I made some dessert pizza.  People ate more of her dish. So much for me trying to provide a healthier option! Leson learned! We had some other snacks too, but everyone was too busy eating what we have now dubbed "Katie's Kasserole".


What an incredible opening ceremony it was! The children's choir sounded magnificent, Kenneth Branagh was a nice surprise, I absolutely died when the James Bond & the Queen 'parachuted' into the arena, Mary Poppins defeated Voldemort, they forged a ring, & Paul Mcartney showed up! It was just...like I said before, Magical!


Our little party was such a good time! We even had a mini "West King Olympics" when we got tired of watching all the teams walk out.
We played some cornhole & Zack taught us how to throw a Javelin. It was kind of embarrassing.
I'll end this post with some shots from last night & a patriotic U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A! 


Chantey & I copying a famous photo. (see below)
American Gothic...not as cute as me & Chantey =)

Zack in his sweet shirt, throwing the Javelin!



No comments:

Post a Comment