banner

banner

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Serenity, Peace, & Power

We have to acknowledge that our hunger for God comes from him & will not be completely satisfied on earth.  The deepest pleasures of life don't satisfy us, they point us forward. -Larry Crab

Strained by the very mad race of our outer burdens, we are further strained by an inward uneasiness because we have hints that there is a way of life vastly deeper than all this hurried existence. A life of unhurried serenity & peace & power. -Thomas Kelly


This is not my home.
The darkness that dwells here was not put here by my Lord.
He can redeem any situation.
He is present in difficulty.
He loves.

I am reminding myself of these things in the face of senseless tragedy.
For what happened in Colorado makes me afraid.
It drives home the fear that I carry around.
Not a specific fear, but fear in general.
So I am trying to remember these things.
It's what is real & true.

There is a Mighty God.
There is a home for me with him where fear has no place, where sorrow cannot find us, where we will find rest from the burdens of this world.
There is hope for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment