banner

banner

Saturday, August 4, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

I'm doing an Oprah inspired post where I talk about my favorite thing!
However, I will not be giving any of them away for free!
But you'll be glad to know that I shop cheap so if you want some of these things, it's not gonna cost you much!


1. Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce.
    Weird huh? But true! I eat this with almost everything. No joke. If I can put hot sauce on it, I will. It's a love hate relationship though. Mostly because I want to pull my tongue out of my head because it stings so bad, but I continue to eat it.  It also makes me break out in a sweat. But I continue to buy it! My favorite way to eat it is with Veggie Straws. Which brings me to my #2...

2. Veggie Straws
    Y'all. Go find some of these.  They are super crunchy, not too salty, & not bad for you!  No preservatives, no transfat, cholesterol free, made wiht real spinach, potato, & tomato. We eat them all the time at my house. They're also fantastic with hummus, if you're into that. (we are!)


3. Hobby Lobby
     This is my happy place.  I don't buy anything here other than canvases very often, but I can spend hours walking the isles getting my creative juices flowing.  My number one reason for loving Hobby Lobby? It's always Christmas there! Even in the middle of summer there are at least 5 or 6 Christmas aisles. Also, they are closed on Sundays. (bet they support Chik-fil-a)


4. Spotify
    Y'all don't use Spotify yet? Pandora is gathering dust in my browser thanks to this new music app.  It's fantastic! You can't download or buy songs through Spotify (at least not that I know of), but you can make playlists, listen to any song you want, for however long you want!  There are some ad's now & again, but nothing too distracting.  It also syncs up with your Facebook account so you can see what music your friends are listening to. I am always logged in & listening!


5. The Olympics.
    This is self explanatory. Or you can read my previous post about it. AMERICA!


6. JCrew Rain flats
    I purchase these just this week! I love rockin my rain boots on a stormy day, but sometimes they overpower an outfit.  Rain flats are much for subtle & easy to slip off & put something else on if it stops raining.  I'm also going to wear them when it isn't raining. Too cute to restrict them! Best part, they were only $20!


7. Friday Night Lights
    As in the TV show, not the movie.  I love how it is filmed, I love the cast, I love the real life feel, I love the story line, I love the football! I grew up with a football coach for a Father & I think this show is pretty realistic.  They don't glam it all up or make everyone look like supermodels, jut real people, living life as best they can.  Not to mention it is SO funny. Great show. All the seasons are on Netflix so look it up!



8. TJMaxx.
   Where would I be without my man TJ? Probably driving a fancier car or jetting off somewhere beautiful on vacation.  Most of my paychecks end up being spent here, but I could spend my money on worse things! It you don't frequent TJMaxx or if the store near you doesn't offer a good variety, I feel sorry for you. It's close to Hobby Lobby so I stop by a lot!


9. Nail Polish
     I am getting better at going into a drug store for one thing & buying just that! It's so easy to just grab a new bottle every time! So tempting, but bad for the checkbook.  Of course Essie is my favorite, but who can afford $8 a bottle?! I usually pick up an Essie bottle & carry it around with me, holding it up to cheaper brands to find a similar color.  Revlon is my go-to, but lately Maybelline's new line called Color Show is impressing me. Get them at Wal-Mart. Much cheaper than Walgreen's. Sorry Walgreen's. I love you.

10.  Dollywood.
    Don't judge it till you try it.  It's not going to be like 6 Flags, or Disney World, or Universal Studios, so don't start comparing. Apples & Oranges people.  You have to appreciate Dollywood for what it is! More of an experience than a park full of insane rides (but the new coaster Wild Eagle, really is something). I just love it because it does a great job of displaying East Tennessee Heritage. And I looooooooove Dolly Parton.  She is confident in who she is & doesn't apologize for it.  She has always inspired me.  The shows are hear-felt & spirited, the atmosphere is homey, & if you're into people watching, well, this is prime time! I'm proud to say that I have a Gold Pass to Dollywood & will probably go 3 times this week. We're going to church there tomorrow morning for the first time. I'll have to let y'all know how that turns out.



That's all for now! Nothing TOO exciting or unpredictable, I know, but something a little light hearted & happy!
To close, I'll include a pic of me today, because putting together outfits is also one of my favorite things! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment