banner

banner

Thursday, July 11, 2013

She said yes!! And so did she!! And she did too!!

This is rare folks!
2 entries in 2 days!
Hold onto your socks!

So one of my favorite people in the world got engaged last month.
Holly has been dating Adam for...well like an eternity now!
He surprised her with a day trip to the beach where he got down on one knee & put a ring on it!
We all knew they would be the next to make this commitment, but they had done a great job keeping all their plans a secret from us, their friends.
I didn't answer the phone when she called so I had to wait until the next morning to hear the beautiful news & cried when she told me.
It's for real now!
Two days ago, I opened a letter from Holly in which she asked me to be her bridesmaid.
I texted her right away, through more tears, telling her that I'm glad she officially asked me because I was planning on standing upfront with her either way!

Strangely enough, later the same day that I got Holly's letter in the mail, our other dear friend Courtney got engaged!
Courtney & Stewart haven't even been dating a year yet, but we all knew as soon as it began, that it was going to be a forever kind of thing.
Stewart drove them out to Courtney's family's farm where he proceeded to take pictures then asked if he could set the timer so they could have a few together.
They took some just smiling, then he kissed her in one, then he got down on his knee with a ring in the last one.
No surprise ending here, she said yes!
When she called to tell me, I couldn't do anything but ask if she was joking!
Stewart had been really good at throwing us all off the trail.
He's in Med school, so we thought it would be awhile, but no!
The man couldn't wait any longer!

Katy & I were texting that night, about our friends engagements & about my recent YL camp trip.
She is at the beach with her family so it was a shorter conversation.
As we ended it, I jokingly told her to let me know if she too got engaged while she was at the beach...
It was around 11:30 when I ignored her first phone call then answered the second with that knowing, but shocked, realization that she was calling to tell me that Jordan had given her a ring too!
It felt surreal to hear her tell of her beach proposal, hidden cameras included!
I love that her whole family was there to celebrate afterwards. I think thats beautiful.
When Jordan asked her she said, "YES! But did you ask my dad?"
How very Katy!

I cannot believe that 3 of my sweetest, most loved friends have made such exciting life commitments so close to one another!
I love to see people's dreams come true.
I feel so lucky to have been a part of their lives & to have been close enough to them throughout the years to watch their love stories unfold.
It's going to be a crazy, but great wedding season!

Cupid's Wedding Chapel



No comments:

Post a Comment