banner

banner

Monday, July 29, 2013

10:53pm

Do you ever think about who you almost were?
About what you may have let yourself become?
Of how you sometimes acted as you were expected to, not how you really wanted to be?
Or of the time you almost gave in to being just like everyone else?
Do you?

And do you then, with a sigh of great relief, thank the Lord that you did not shrink into that shell of a being?
Do you all of a sudden, all at once, see the light of who you are now?
Am I the only one that experiences bursts of contentment & satisfaction in the fact that what could have been is not?
Do you ever relish in the beautiful simplicity of life as it is now?
Or feel incredibly grateful to be on the outside, free from the obvious, or not so obvious, chains that bind others to a life they would rather let go?

I find myself in that place often these days.
I said it once in a different post & I'll say it again,

You never knew what it felt like to be as chained & bound up as I was,
so you will never know what it feels like to be this free!

No comments:

Post a Comment