banner

banner

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Me, Myself, & My Kitchen

A goal of mine in life is to be a master chef! 
For many years, my friends never really asked me to cook anything.
I'm not sure if that's because they wanted to showcase their domestic capabilities or because they believed me to be a bad cook.
Either way, I didn't do too much cooking.  My dishes were limited to a few family recipes for cake, cookies, & deviled eggs.
But these days, as a single working girl, I feel that it is my duty to learn how to use my kitchen. 
I'm starting off slow, but I'm conquering new recipes weekly! I aspire to one day cook as fancy of a dish as my roommates, Katie & Hannah.
It's not easy living with gourmet cooks!

This week, I've conquered a new recipe for black bean & corn dip. I know it doesn't sound complicated, it isn't! But it is delicious! I've made it twice this week.  We served it with sweet potatoes at roomie dinner & devoured every bit of it!  I got it here, where the writer suggested serving it with regular baked potatoes.  It also tastes good as a cold dip served with chips!




I also made these tasty crackers! They are very simple & take about 5 minutes to make.  I made them as a snack to offer people when they come by the house. Tis the season! All you need is a package of Ranch Dressing mix, 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes, & 1 cup of canola oil (although that seemed like too much to me, so maybe less).  Just mix your ingredients together and pour over16 ounces worth of unsalted crackers in a seal-able container. These crackers have a spicy kick to them!  Which keeps me from eating a bazillion of them! 




No comments:

Post a Comment