banner

banner

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cliche end of the year post!

What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet!

It's New Years Eve!
Tonight the world will say goodbye to 2011 & hello to 2012!
I am always so excited to start a new year.
I find it incredibly exciting to have a fresh start & to be able to imagine all the wonderful things that 2012 will bring. 
I'm not really one to make New Years Resolutions simply because I try to make commitments to better myself whenever I feel like I should.
However, after 2 weeks of break, from work, from my usual routine, from my usual people, I feel like it's time to put into play some small daily practices that could work together to make me a better person.
So I guess if you have to, you can call them New Years Resolutions, but I like to call it..... 

Ways to be a Better Person in 2012:
 
Watch Less TV- I had been doing pretty well not watching much TV & I still really don't, but I find myself turning it on to drown out the silence or because I have a moment to sit & do nothing. But, TV is pretty terrible these days. Minus a few of my favorite shows (How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, SNL) I don't care about any of it! Not to mention we only have like 15 channels because we only get basic cable. I can do things other than have the TV on. Such as....

Read More- Instead of watching TV, I'm going to read books. I love to read! I don't really know why I choose TV over reading! Especially when I have plenty of books here that I haven't read before.  

Write Letters- Who doesn't enjoy getting a good letter in the mail?! Everyone loves it! Plus, it's usually a surprise. No one tells someone they are going to write them a letter. You just do it & send it & the receiver gets a happy surprise! My friend Lindy writes people letters every so often to encourage them or just to say she's thinking about them & I think that's just marvelous.

Become a Master Chef- If you've read any of my blog before, you'll know that I'm trying to learn to cook. I want to be able to make yummy, healthy meals.  I got in a rut of eating the same exact healthy things over & over again until just the thought of eating those foods makes me sick. I need variety! And that means I am going to have to make the time to cook real meals. I can do this!

Stop Thinking- This one might sound a little strange, except to those of you who truly know me.  I think TOO MUCH. My brain never turns off. I over-analyze literally every aspect of my life.  Sometimes to the point of having panic attacks over nothing! It's a trait I inherited from my dad & it drives me crazy. I'm going to work on being very conscious of what my head is doing & making sure I'm not letting it go down some random road to freak-out-town. I'm not in control anyway, God is. So my over thinking is doing absolutely NOTHING for me.

This is all I've got for now.
Not to say that those are the only ways I can improve myself, trust me, there are plenty other things that need tweaking!
I'm feeling good about life & the new year.
Can't wait to see what happy things await me in 2012! 



No comments:

Post a Comment