banner

banner

Sunday, October 23, 2011


Time travel is real. And it is called Homecoming.
It is nice to know that while most things in this world change constantly, some things never do.
There will always be some friends, tried and true, that just do not fade into the past.
Sure, life pulls us each in different directions, and we all become more of our true selves and less of our dependent selves every day, but we will always be us.

I felt as if the past had found me this weekend.
I'm not one to hold onto what has been, I move on rather quick.
But it was so nice to be reminded of the good times.
My friend Sarah put it like this, "I don't remember the bad grades I made, but I'm sure that
I made them. I remember you all and all the marvelous times we had together."

We are older now and definitely wiser (although considering how absolutely insane we were that isn't saying much!).
But we are still us. Making the most of life.
Drumming to our own beat. Taking our time to settle down. Embracing life's changes. having a good time. Learning to love ourselves.
It's such a comfort to know that these girls love me.

Through everything we went through and though we have drifted apart.
Our friendships are true to the core.
It gives me that warm feeling inside.

I also have a renewed hope for the future, knowing that I have been blessed with friends that will follow me down whatever road I go.
And, that there will most likely be more people in the future that will bless my life as they did.

I'm looking forward to the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment