banner

banner

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Social Media

I am not my Twitter account.
I cannot be defined by 140 characters.
My thoughts, though simple, are more vast than a condensed 2 or 3 lines.
My true opinions & beliefs cannot fit into the square inch box that begs me to express my every thought.
I am not my misspellings or grammar mishaps.
I am not the scattered train of thought that my timeline displays.
I am not the occasional inappropriate joke that I share.
So please do not judge me based on what you read.

I am not my Facebook page.
Believe it or not, I do sometimes take not so attractive pictures, but they have been long buried where you will never find them.
I watch movies that other people would deem silly or dull, but they will not be displayed for everyone's criticism on my "About" page.
The same can be said for my taste in music. You won't catch my Spotify account spilling out my guilty pleasures such as Disney songs or Selena Gomez.
And try as I might to live out the inspirational quotes I have posted, I tend to fall short of my high aspirations.

I am not my Pinterest account.
How I dream of being as daringly stylish as the models portrayed in my Cyber Closet board.
But God has not blessed me with money to throw it away on what doesn't really matter.
I do not live in a house with detailed tiling, perfect lighting, & heated tiles in the bathroom.
But I am oh so thankful for air conditioning, a refrigerator, & a studio to paint in.
No matter how many recipes I pin, I am no chef.
At that matter, I am no fitness genius either, but I have done a good job of collecting routines that never get done.

I am not my Blog.
It is my tendency to display here some of my deepest emotions which may have you believing I hail from "Crazy town".
Or even worse, that I am some pious, close minded, religious freak who esteems herself far beyond reality.
When truly I am a simple girl trying to figure out life just like anyone else.

So come to any conclusion that you wish to draw, but remember that even after combining all these different social medias, that as a human being, I am so much more than the internet allows me to be.
And in a world where almost nothing is private, I choose to keep many things to myself.
There is something great to be said about mystery in such an outspoken society.

So while I am truthful in all things displayed on social media & am who you believe me to be,
I am also so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment