banner

banner

Friday, June 22, 2012

In v. Out

I miss the outdoors when I'm inside.
I miss the sticky air, the way it sits heavy on me & the strength of its stillness.
I miss the noises.  How the quiet can be so loud. Symphony of crickets & birds & cars a few streets over & children giggly somewhere down the street.
I miss the breeze however gentle.
I miss the colors.  The gold of the Sunflowers, the deep pink of the Rambling Roses 'round the mailbox, the peach colored Day Lilies & the periwinkle Bachelor Button's that line the sidewalk & especially the thousand shades of green that come to life in the trees.
I miss the heat. Oh how I miss the heat. How I do miss the sun & the way my blood feels, boiling under my skin.

I hate the fabricated air pumping through the office.
I hate the sounds of keyboards & drawers slamming.
I hate the fan that blows on me on each rotation.
I hate the bowl of candy full of peppermints & butterscotch.
I hate the harsh lighting.
I hate the awkward small talk I have to make with customers.

But thats life I suppose.
Would I love the outdoors so much if I never had to be inside?


No comments:

Post a Comment