banner

banner

Friday, May 1, 2015

BeautyFULL



I’m just filling up with beauty- because I want to be beautiful. -Glennon Doyle Melton (original article here)






Things I try to do to create, appreciate, & share beauty:


Long walks at twilight

Share uplifting song lyrics

Have lots of coffee & long conversations with friends

Give things away

Sing loudly

Open up windows

Close my eyes & turn my face towards the sun

Paint words & pictures & colors

Cook for my friends

Send letters to people I love

Do chores without being asked

Smile at strangers

Support YL

Take photos

Cry

Sit in the yard with my toes in the grass

Read in the rocking chair on the porch

Snap pictures of the sunrise on my way to work

Play with Matthews hair while he drives

Concentrate on people's faces when they are doing something they love. Or something they don't love.

Buy local products

Give encouragement consistently

Play music throughout the whole house

Talk about Jesus

Go hiking in the Smokies

Attend craft shows

Hold hands

Make good eye contact

Ask questions about my loved ones hearts

Say I LOVE YOU all the time

Take deep breaths

Thank God every time something catches my eye

Notice the little things

Pray

Worship on my knees

Practice grace

Practice forgiveness

Pay for dinner with an old friend

Tip big

Listen well

Live intentionally

Keep my mouth shut when I'd rather gossip about co-workers

Play with the cat

Entertain little ones

Serve

Attend church

Light candles

Prepare fancy recipes

Leave notes in Matthew's suitcase when he goes on trips, for my mom when she isn't awake before I leave for work, and for co-workers when they are having a rough day.

Initiate get togethers

Plant flowers

Dance

Soak up the rain

Shop Antiques







No comments:

Post a Comment