banner

banner

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Deo Volente

Now listen, you who say "Today or tomorrow we will go to this city, spend a year there, carry on business & make money" why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow! What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while then vanishes.  Instead, you ought to say "If it is the Lord's will, we will live & do this or that".  James 4:13-15

Deo Volente or "God willing" might just be my first tattoo.
But probably not. Still working on that whole commitment thing.
Ok seriously though, I am such a fool! *smh*
Thinking that my future is in my control...oh Annie...
It says right there in James that it's even the Lord's will that I live today!
yikes.
Good thing he isn't holding yesterday against me.

I worry like it's my job, hold onto anxiety like it's a soft, cuddly blanket, & I let fear of the future get me in one of those half-nelson holds (thats a thing right?)
And that's no way to live. Trust me.
Whenever my life has been a wreck or my circumstances seem overwhelming, it's because I took myself there.
It's because I told God, "Move over buddy, I can drive this vehicle" (right off a cliff I can drive it).
When life is messy, it's because of me.
When life is beautiful & clear it is because of him.
Therefore, his will > my will.

Which is why I need Deo Volente tattooed somewhere that I will always see it.
Apparently I need to be reminded of this on a daily basis or I start drowning in anxiety.
He's got this! Why would I hold on when he will do it for me? That's absurd!
God willing, I will live a long & happy life.
Doing what, I have no idea. And that's ok.
Today I am thankful he willed me to wake up, eat a bagel, drink some coffee, read his word, & type a funny blog entry.
Hope tomorrow goes just as well.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment